Data Centre Security:
Access Control & CCTV Camera Systems - Essex & UK
ClearView are recognised leaders in data centre security and have provided state of-the-art network based Access Control, CCTV, intercom and perimeter protection systems for some of the largest data centres in the UK and Europe using a multi-layer security approach. Our experience of the operational requirements and restrictions of working within these demanding facilities is extensive.
A data centre has a huge commitment to it’s customers to ensure the data it stores is secure. Data centre providers need to be adept at demonstrating just how secure their data is, as customers need to be confident that their data will never be compromised.
Physical security should be a priority for data centre security designers, including the following minimum layers of physical security:
- Perimeter security
- Mantraps into the data centre
- Access systems into rooms
- Secure locked cabinets
- Biometrics (where required)
No one should enter or leave the premises without proof of identity. All visitors should be checked against defined access lists.
It’s critical to have control over who can enter your data centre. This may be in the form of access cards or biometrics:
- A biometric system scans the fingerprint or iris of the person trying to enter the data centre. Any unauthorised access attempts result in the individual being unable to pass through the data centre’s mantrap.
- A mantrap has two sets of interlocking doors, and identification, preferably biometric, is required at both points. If the biometric system, activates the security alarm then all doors will lock restricting the individual from accessing the site.
Typical data centre security systems include:
- Perimeter Fencing
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection
- Security gates, barriers & turnstyles
- Access Control (biometric/proximity card)
- Airlocks and mantraps
- Audio/Video Intercom
- Intruder alarm
- Security Management System
Our in-house team of accredited and qualified hardware and software engineers can design, install and maintain data centre security systems and provide project management.
To discuss your data centre security requirements, please contact us today. Alternatively, find out more about us, read our latest news or review our customer testimonials and client case studies.